Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Tharsis Full City Test Download




I have put my current city files for Tharsis Estates on a file hosting site. I am hoping some people can download it and run it in developer mode to see if it works, basically to find out if I got the right files included, and correct instructions. You will need a Blue Mars developer account and the developer kit installed to log into the city.

The city itself is far from done, but feel free to run around in it :-). I did test this on my own PC, but I wanted to make sure it works for other people before writing it up as a tutorial for how to work with other developers on a single city.

Download link is to the right....

6 Comments:

At January 12, 2010 at 5:33 PM , Blogger  said...

At work right now but putting this at top of things to do list when I get home. {:-)

 
At January 13, 2010 at 1:25 AM , Blogger  said...

Downloaded latest Dev tools. I'm using XP. Mod the shortcut properties to reflect. Get logged in. Have choice on Select City of yours or Asset Preview Level. The APL pops right up. Your city shows your info across the screen but it remains black. Is this a large file that will take a while to kick in or should it pop right up as the other BM worlds do? It tells me it is loading yours. But then just goes to the black screen. BTW, did you build this in City or Block Editor? How did you get it to bring up the main login screen?

 
At January 13, 2010 at 1:27 AM , Blogger  said...

It came up! It does take a bit to load then. I"m going to do some exploring. {:o)

 
At January 13, 2010 at 1:30 AM , Blogger  said...

Didn't make it too far. Screen froze up. Maybe it needs to fully load? I relogged and will just let it sit a bit.

 
At January 13, 2010 at 1:54 AM , Blogger  said...

Both buildings are loading no texture. I am sitting in your living room right now. Like the furniture. Couch is comfy! The two single chairs are no texture as well. I am at 6 mb and still loading so movement is stop and go.

 
At January 13, 2010 at 11:39 AM , Blogger DanielRavenNest said...

Yes, the Item Editor likes the textures to be in the same folder when converting from DAE to .cgf, but the City files need to be in the Common directory. So I am updating all the pointers in the Material editor to correct this, and will have a new version uploaded when I finish.

Hopefully we can figure out a more streamlined way to do this than to manually move files and update pointers.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home